10 Sep GS 2022 art 162
GS 2022 Article 162 – HRCNA (Heritage Reformed Churches in North America)
- 1.1 Report of the CCCNA (184.108.40.206) on the HRCNA.
- 1.2 Submissions from the following churches: St Albert (220.127.116.11), Willoughby Heights (18.104.22.168), London-Pilgrim (22.214.171.124).
- 2.1 The report was declared admissible.
- 2.2 The submissions were declared admissible.
- 3.1 To accept the Heritage Reformed Churches in North America (HRCNA) Level 2 relationship of “Formal Correspondence”;
- 3.2 To mandate the Committee on Ecumenical Relations (CER):
- 3.2.1 To continue discussions with the HRCNA in an effort to work towards Ecclesiastical Fellowship (EF);
- 3.2.2 To meet simultaneously with the HRCNA and Free Reformed Churches of North America (FRCNA) ecumenicity committees;
- 3.2.3 To submit its report to the churches six months prior to the convening of the next general synod.
- 4.1 Re 3.1: The offer to advance the relationship is a positive development.
- 4.2 Re 3.2.2: The FRCNA and HRCNA are working towards organic unity.
- 4.3 The HRCNA has expressed appreciation for the individual and institutional collaboration between the Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary (PRTS) and Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary (CRTS).