18 Sep GS 2007 art 126
GS 2007 Article 126 – United Reformed Churches in Myanmar (URCM)
The advisory committee presented its proposal:
- 1.1 CRCA Report 10
- 1.2 Letter from Lynden
- 2.1 The CRCA Report serves as observations.
- 2.2 The CRCA recommends that synod decide:
- 2.2.1 [10.5.1] To deem the URCM worthy of our prayerful support.
- 2.2.2 [10.5.2] To monitor the Myanmar situation through the churches (GKN and RCNZ) which are presently involved with the contact and development of leadership training of several churches in Myanmar.
- 2.2.3 [10.5.3] To decline the request for Ecclesiastical Fellowship, and thereby the request to sponsor the federation for membership of the ICRC.
- 2.2.4 [10.5.4] To authorize the CRCA to convey Synod’s decisions to Rev. Moses Ngunhlei Thang.
- 2.3 Lynden urges synod to relieve the CRCA of further study re the United Reformed Churches in Myanmar, on the ground that there is no apparent benefit and it would only burden the CRCA to try to diligently/meaningfully maintain another relationship.
- 3.1 The suggestion of the church at Lynden is in line with the suggestion of the CRCA. Considering the lack of familiarity, it would not seem useful to single out these particular churches for “prayerful support.”
- 4.1 To decline the request for ecclesiastical fellowship, and thereby the request to sponsor the federation for membership of the ICRC.
- 4.2 To authorize the CRCA to convey synod’s decisions to Rev. Moses Ngunhlei Thang.