11 Aug GS 1989 art 6
GS 1989 ARTICLE 6 – Time Schedule and Procedures
Synod adopts the following arrangements:
- a. The final date for incoming material for Synod is set for Wednesday, April 19, 1989, at 12:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.
- b. The time schedule will be:
- Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Upon the request of the Foundation for Superannuation, Synod will not convene on April 22, 1989.
- Upon request of the Church at Winnipeg, Synod will not convene on the evening of April 26, 1989.
- Upon request of the Church at Carman, Synod will not convene on the evening of May 4, 1989, Ascension Day.
- c. Synod shall begin and close each day with prayer and thanksgiving in plenary sessions.
- d. Press Release will not be published until after Synod has been closed.
- e. Advisory committees shall provide each delegate with a copy of their report, plus three copies for the first clerk, before it is dealt with in plenary sessions.
- f. Copies of documents are available only to members of Synod.
- g. For all procedures the Guidelines as adopted by the General Synod of Cloverdale 1983, Acts Art. 45, will apply.