21 Apr GS 2001 art 4
Posted at 11:05h in Uncategorized
GS 2001 Article 4 – General housekeeping matters
Synod reconvened to decide on a number of housekeeping matters. Since Rev. Cl. Stam had arrived,he assumed the chair. Synod decided the following:
- Presence on the Internet: Synod decided to publish the Acts of Synod on the church website on the Internet as they become available, after they have been adopted.
- Privileges of the floor: Synod appointed Rev.W.B. Slomp as advisor to Synod. Synod was informed that Synod could expect visits from Rev. G.I.Williamson from the Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC), Rev. G. Syms and Elder D. Stelpstra from the Reformed Church in the United States (RCUS), Rev. R. Stienstra from the United Reformed Churches in North America (URCNA), and Rev. L. Bilkes from the Free Reformed Churches (FRCNA). All representatives of churches who visit will be given the privilege of the floor.
- Letters of greetings were read from the deputies of the Free Reformed Churches of Australia and the Free Church of Scotland. Their greetings and best wishes were gratefully taken note of. The deputies of the Gereformeerde Kerken in Nederland have promised to send a letter of greeting while Synod is in progress.
- Time Schedule and Procedures: Synod adopted the following time schedule:
- Monday to Friday
- 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m.- 5.00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m.- 9.00 p.m.
- Exceptions: Monday sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m.; Saturdays will be optional; upon request from the Foundation for Superannunation, Synod will not convene on Saturday,May 5,2001.
- Synod shall begin and close each day with prayer and thanksgiving in plenary sessions.
- The press release will not be published until after Synod has been closed.
- Advisory Committees shall provide each delegate with a copy of their report, plus a copy for the archives,before it is dealt with in plenary sessions.
- Copies of documents are available only to members of Synod and fraternal delegates.
- For all procedures, the “Guidelines” as adopted by the General Synod of Cloverdale 1983, Acts, Article 45 (and as amended by following Synods) will apply.
- Travel expenses: Expenses are to be submitted to br. P. Dejong. Delegates are to be reimbursed for travel costs at twenty-five cents per km. This amount is not to exceed the cost of flying.