05 Jul GS 2022 art 7
GS 2022 Article 7 – Housekeeping Matters
The executive presented recommendations on housekeeping matters. The following was decided:
- 1. Presence on the Internet: Synod will publish the Acts of Synod on the federation website as they become available. As the Acts are adopted, Synod will decide whether there are any decisions which should not be posted immediately on the internet. Confidential Acts will not be posted. All plenary sessions will be live streamed only for official fraternal delegates and observers not present in person. Plenary sessions in which individuals address General Synod and the churches as a whole, will be live streamed publicly.
- 2. Privileges of the floor: At the discretion of the executive, Synod will give privilege of the floor to all official representatives of churches with whom the CanRC are in ecclesiastical fellowship.
- 3. Time Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Morning session – 9:00 – 12:00 (lunch at 12:15)
- Afternoon session – 2:00 – 5:00 (supper at 5:30)
- Evening session – 7:00 – 9:00
- 4. Devotions: Synod shall begin and close each day in plenary session with Scripture reading, prayer and singing. A schedule will be handed out for who will lead in devotions.
- 5. Press Release: A press release shall be published after Synod has been closed.
- 6. Committees: Advisory committees shall submit their proposals via email to the first clerk before they are dealt with in plenary session. The first clerk will ensure distribution.
- 7. Synod Documents: Copies of synod documents are available only to members of synod and fraternal delegates. Officially delegated observers will receive all non-confidential materials.
- 8. Guidelines: For all procedures, the Guidelines for Synod shall apply.
- 9. Travel expenses: Expenses are to be submitted, with receipts, through the internal synod website.
- 10. Roll call: Roll call shall take place each plenary session by means of a visual check by the executive.
- 11. Advisory Committee Reports: Advisory Committee reports shall be submitted to the first clerk using the template provided.
Regarding point 8:
- By means of a letter, a motion was made and seconded. Following discussion, this motion was amended to read in succinct format:
- Rather than format the acts in the system, “materials-admissibility-observations-considerations-recommendations” to format the acts in the system, “materials-admissibility-decisions-grounds.”
- A vote determined that there was majority support for the underlying principle of this motion.
- A template with examples was created and distributed to the delegates.