12 Jul GS 2022 art 31
GS 2022 Article 31 – Days of Prayer
- 1.1 Report from the Burlington-Rehoboth CanRC and the Edmonton-Providence CanRC responsible for calling Days of Prayer (CO Art. 54) (8.2.10).
- 1.2 Letter from the Grassie-Covenant CanRC (126.96.36.199) requesting more clarity with regard to the process of calling for a Day of Prayer and expressing concern that the bar is set too high.
- 2.1 The materials were declared admissible.
- 3.1 To express gratitude to the Burlington-Rehoboth CanRC and the Edmonton-Providence CanRC for their reporting;
- 3.2 To appoint two churches to implement CO Art. 54 as needed;
- 3.3 To mandate both churches to report to the churches on their activities six months prior to the next general synod;
- 3.4 Not to grant the request of the Grassie-Covenant CanRC.
- 4.1 Re 3.3: The rationale provided by Burlington-Rehoboth and Edmonton-Providence to Grassie for not calling a Day of Prayer is reasonable and balanced.