10 Sep GS 2022 art 146
GS 2022 Article 146 – RCNZ (Reformed Churches in New Zealand)
- 1.1 CRCA Report: New Zealand (RCNZ) (22.214.171.124)
- 2.1 The report was declared admissible.
- 3.1 To continue the relationship of Ecclesiastical Fellowship (EF) with the Reformed Churches in New Zealand (RCNZ) under the adopted rules;
- 3.2 To mandate the Committee on Ecumenical Relations (CER):
- 3.2.1 To express appreciation for the ongoing cooperation with the RCNZ in the mission in Papua New Guinea;
- 3.2.2 To send a delegation to the next RCNZ Synod;
- 3.2.3 To submit its report to the churches six months prior to the convening of the next general synod;
- 3.3 To take note that the different structures of the RCNZ and the CanRC for the material support of emeritus ministers complicates the transfer of ministers between the CanRC and RCNZ, as it also does between the CanRC and the Free Reformed Churches of South Africa (FRCSA). The material support for emeritus ministers is beyond the jurisdiction of a general synod and thus beyond the scope of the CER.
- 4.1 As far as can be determined from the Acts of GS-RCNZ 2021, the RCNZ demonstrate that they remain faithful churches. They abide by the Word of God as the only rule for faith and life, and adhere to the adopted confessions and church order.
- 4.2 The relationship between the RCNZ and CanRC has been of mutual benefit in the area of missions and interchurch relations.