10 Sep GS 2022 art 147
GS 2022 Article 147 – FRCSA (Free Reformed Churches in South Africa)
- 1.1 CRCA Report: South Africa (FRCSA) (184.108.40.206.).
- 2.1 The report was declared admissible.
- 3.1 To continue Ecclesiastical Fellowship (EF) with the Free Reformed Churches in South Africa (FRCSA) under the adopted rules;
- 3.2 To mandate the Committee on Ecumenical Relations (CER):
- 3.2.1 To send a delegation to the next synod of the FRCSA;
- 3.2.2 To continue involvement in discussions regarding financial requests from the FRCSA and provide coordination assistance where possible;
- 3.2.3 To submit its report to the churches six months prior to the convening of the next synod.
- 4.1 As far as can be determined, the FRCSA demonstrate that they remain faithful churches. They abide by the Word of God as the only rule for faith and life and adhere to adopted confessions and church order.
- 4.2 Our EF with the FRCSA dates back to the first CanRC synods. There continue to be many close ties, ecclesiastical, operational, and personal, between the FRCSA and CanRC.
- 4.3 The CRCA has never had a mandate to financially support other church federations; however, in this situation it may be appropriate to mandate the CER to facilitate assistance for the FRCSA, should further financial assistance be necessary. In collaboration with others involved, the CER could seek out appropriate churches or organizations to responsibly interact with requests for financial assistance.