06 Jul GS 2019 art 46
GS 2019 Article 46 – General Synod Archives
- 1.1 Report on the Inspection of Archives for GS 2019 (126.96.36.199)
- 2.1 No report was received from the Archive Church for general synods (i.e. the Burlington-Ebenezer CanRC).
- 2.2 The Burlington-Rehoboth CanRC inspected the archives of GS 2016 and reports that they are complete and in good order.
- 3.1 While it was not mandated by GS 2016, it has been customary for the Archive Church to report to general synod on its activities since at least 2007. It is a good practice to keep the churches informed by means of such regular reporting. At the same time, it is clear from the inspection report that Burlington-Ebenezer has continued to faithfully keep the archives in order and up to date.
- 3.2 Burlington-Rehoboth has fulfilled its mandate regarding inspection of the archives.
That Synod decide:
- 4.1 To express gratitude to Burlington-Ebenezer and Burlington-Rehoboth for fulfilling their mandates;
- 4.2 To reappoint Burlington-Ebenezer as Archive Church and Burlington-Rehoboth to inspect synod archives;
- 4.3 To appoint one of its members to validate and submit to the treasurer of the General Fund all expenses being submitted for committee work;
- 4.4 To mandate both the Archive Church and the inspecting church to report to the churches on their activities six months prior to the next general synod.