17 Aug GS 2010 art 117
GS 2010 Article 117 – SCBP: Correspondence from Churches
Report SCBP, Section One, 6.0 (8.2.j).
- 2.1 The committee has served as the address to which correspondence regarding the Book of Praise could be directed.
- 2.2 The committee requests that the mandate to receive, scrutinize and evaluate the contents of correspondence from the churches be continued and to report to the next General Synod as to the validity of the suggestions made.
- 2.3 The committee received permission of Burlington-Ebenezer to transfer archives containing materials relating to the Book of Praise of earlier years from their facilities to the committee’s central archives at the Theological College in Hamilton.
- 3.1 For the purpose of receiving correspondence concerning the Book of Praise, it would be beneficial for the SCBP to maintain its present mailing address: Standing Committee for the Book of Praise (SCBP) c/o Theological College 110 West 27th Street Hamilton, Ontario, L9C 5A1
- 3.2 It would also be good for the SCBP to maintain its email address for electronic correspondence: [email protected]
- 3.3 For the purpose of reference it would be beneficial to maintain the central archive for correspondence related to the Book of Praise at the Theological College library.
That Synod decide to direct the SCBP:
- 4.1 To maintain the reported addresses and location of the archives.
- 4.2 T o receive, scrutinize and evaluate the contents of correspondence from the churches
- 4.3 To archive this correspondence.