27 Oct GS 2007 art 167
Posted at 15:52h
, GS 2007
GS 2007 Article 167 – Motion to reconsider the decision regarding the GKH
- In light of the decision made this morning the motion was given into discussion. On the grounds given, the motion read:
- To maintain the advisory committee’s proposal as adopted in Article 143 of these Acts, but delete Consideration 4.2 and Recommendation 5.4.1, and to change Recommendation 5.4.2. to read: “to facilitate reconciliation between the GKH and the GKN” . The motion was defeated.
- Another motion was moved and seconded as follows:
- To maintain the advisory committee’s proposal as adopted in Article 143 of these Acts, but change Consideration 4.2 by deleting: “For this reason, Synod agrees with the CRCA when it speaks of the separation that occurred as ‘schism.’ The CRCA should be instructed to admonish the GKH in a brotherly manner on this matter as this action is not Scripturally valid according to Belgic Confession Article 28 where we confess that ‘all therefore who draw away from the church or fail to join it act contrary to the ordinance of God.’ At the same time, …”
- And to change Recommendation 5.4.1 to read:
- 5.4.1 To advise the GKH that its separation from the GKN is unlawful. The motion was defeated.
- The original decision, as found in Article 143 of these Acts, stands.