25 Jan GS 2004 art 5
GS 2004 Article 5 – General Housekeeping Matters
After receiving a proposal from the moderamen, Synod decided the following:
- Presence on the Internet: Synod decided to publish the Acts of Synod on the church website as they become available. However, as the Acts are adopted, Synod will decide whether there are any decisions which should not be immediately posted on the Internet.
- Privileges of the floor: Synod appointed Rev. H. Versteeg as advisor to Synod. Synod was informed that we could expect visits from Rev. G. Syms and T. Mayville (RCUS), Br. K. Wezeman and Rev. R.C. (Karlo) Janssen (GKN), Revs. C. Schouls and L.W. Bilkes (FRCNA), Rev. J. Ferguson (OPC) and br. G.B. Veenendaal (FRCA). All representatives of sister churches will be given the privilege of the floor.
- Time Schedule:
- 9:00 a. m. – 12:00 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Exceptions: Monday sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m. Saturdays will be optional. Upon request from the Foundation for Superannunation, Synod will not convene on Saturday, February 14, 2003.
- Devotions: Synod shall begin and close each day with Scripture reading, a short meditation, prayer and singing in plenary sessions. A schedule will be handed out.
- Press Release: The press release will not be published until after Synod has been closed.
- Committees: Advisory committees shall provide each delegate with a copy of their reports, plus a copy for the archives, before they are dealt with in plenary session.
- Synod Documents: Copies of synod documents are available only to members of Synod and fraternal delegates.
- Guidelines: For all procedures, the Guidelines, as adopted by General Synod, will apply. See Appendix #2, Acts of Synod Abbotsford 1995.
- Travel expenses: Expenses are to be submitted, with receipts, to br. M. De Boer. Delegates are to be reimbursed for travel costs at thirty cents per km. This amount is not to exceed the cost of flying.