12 Jun GS 1998 art 76
GS 1998 Article 76 – Finances of Synod
Committee IV presents Agenda Item I.K
- A. Statement of income and expenses from the Finance Committee of General Synod 1995.
- B. Audit report by the church at Yarrow, BC concerning the books of the treasurer of the Finance Committee appointed by Synod Abbotsford, 1995.
- A. General Synod Abbotsford appointed the church at Yarrow to audit the books of the finances of General Synod 1995.
- B. The financial statement discloses the following expenses:
- Stationery $1340.41
- Telephone $129.67
- Postage $505.66
- Travel (delegates Regional Synod West) $1336.07
- Travel (delegates Regional Synod East) $6200.34
- Food $2164.76
- Equipment & rentals $2210.46
- Printing $13936.48
- Miscellaneous $333.77
- TOTAL: $28157.62
- C. The church at Yarrow has audited the books of the finances of General Synod 1995, and reports that they were found to be decent and in good order.
- A. To express appreciation of the work done by the Finance Committee of General Synod 1995 and by the auditing church;
- B. To discharge the Finance Committee for General Synod 1995 on the basis of the auditors’ report of the church at Yarrow;
- C. To appoint a Finance Committee which will pay the expenses incurred by General Synod 1998, using funds submitted by the churches in each Regional Synod. This committee will forward any balance of funds to the convening church of the next General Synod. They will also submit a financial statement to the next General Synod, audited by the church at Guelph.
- D. To appoint as Finance Committee of General Synod 1998: sister T. Swaving and brother H. Bouwman.
- E. To appoint the church at Guelph to audit the books of the finances of General Synod 1998 and report to the next General Synod.