25 Nov GS 1986 art 59
GS 1986 ARTICLE 59
Committee 1 presents:
– Agenda VIII, K, 1: Inspection General Achives.
- 1. General Synod of Cloverdale of 1983 appointed the Church at Burlington-West to examine the archives of General Synod of 1983 (Acts, Art . 113).
- 2. The archives were examined and all the correspondence received by the General Synod of 1983 has been filed in an orderly manner. Also the credentials were filed, as were other documents received by synod.
- 3. As yet there are no copies in the archives of the correspondence sent by the General Synod of Cloverdale of 1983. There is also no copy of the original Acts.
The Church at Burlington-West has been informed by the second clerk of the General Synod of 1983 that copies of the correspondence sent by the General Synod of 1983 will be forwarded to the Church at Burlington-East.
- 1. To thank the Church at Burlington West for examining the archives and report ing to Synod.
- 2. To request the Church at Burlington East to place a copy of the Acts of General Synod of 1983 in the Archives of General Synod.
The recommendations are ADOPTED.