24 Nov GS 1986 art 24
GS 1986 ARTICLE 24
Finances General Synod Cloverdale 1983
Committee 1 presents:
A. MATERIAL – Agenda VIII, K, 4
- a. Report of the Financial Committee of the 1983 General Synod of Cloverdale.
- b. Audit report of the books of the Financial Committee of the 1983 General Synod.
- 1. The 1983 General Synod appointed the church at Langley to audit the books of the finances of General Synod of 1983 and to send a report to General Synod of 1986.
- 2. It appears that the brethren H. Moes and J. deWit have submitted a report to synod on behalf of the church at Langley. These brethren have found all receipts and expenses to be in good order and in agreement with the bank statement.
- 3. From this report regarding the finances of General Synod of 1983 it appears that:
- The total income was $ 32,441.98
- The total expense was $ 32,413.63
- Balance $ 28.35
- The balance of General Synod of Smithville of 1980 ($202.79) was transferred to the Financial Committee of the General Synod of Cloverdale of 1983.
- A cheque for the balance of the General Synod of Cloverdale of 1983 was for warded to General Synod of 1986.
- 1. To express gratitude for the work done by the Financial Committee of the General Synod of Cloverdale of 1983.
- 2. To discharge the committee on the basis of the report of the church at Langley.
- 3. To appoint a Financial Committee General Synod of 1986. This committee will pay the expenses of General Synod of 1986, using funds submitted by the Regional Synods as well as the balance of the funds of the General Synod of 1983. This committee will forward the balance of funds upon completion of General Synod of 1986 to the convening church of the next General Synod.
- 4. To appoint, upon the recommendation of the convening church of Burlington West, the brethren J.J. Poort, L. Sipkema, and A. Driegen as Financial Com mittee of the General Synod of 1986.
- 5. To appoint the Ebenezer Canadian Reformed Church (Burlington-East) to audit the books of the finances of the General Synod of 1986, and to send a report to the General Synod of 1989.
The recommendations are ADOPTED.