19 Jul GS 2022 art 62
GS 2022 Article 62 – Appeal against GS 2004 Art. 115 and GS 2019 Art. 142 (Hymn Cap)
- 1.1 Appeal of the Winnipeg-Redeemer CanRC (188.8.131.52) against GS 2004, Art. 115 and GS 2019 Art. 142 re Hymn Cap:
- 1.1.1 Winnipeg-Redeemer appeals the decision of GS 2004 Art.115 “to set the limit of hymns at 100” and the decision of GS 2019 Art. 142 to mandate the SCBP “to compile a list of such hymns keeping in mind that at this time the final number of hymns in the Book of Praise should not exceed 100 (as per GS 2004);”
- 1.1.2 This appeal presents two new grounds for removing the limit of 100 hymns: (1) A limit on the number of hymns does not ensure a predominant place of Psalm-singing in the liturgy of the Reformed churches, and (2) the limit of 100 hymns is quite arbitrary.
- 2.1 The appeal is declared admissible.
- 3.1 To deny the appeal of the Winnipeg-Redeemer CanRC against GS 2004 Art. 115 and GS 2019 Art. 142.
- 4.1 The appeal does not demonstrate how the decisions were in conflict with the Word of God or the Church Order (CO Art. 31);
- 4.2 Previous decisions can be revisited as proposals substantiated by new grounds (CO Art. 33).