18 Jul GS 2022 art 44
GS 2022 Article 44 – CWeb (Committee for the Website)
- 1.1 Report of the Committee for the Federation Website (CWeb) (8.2.7).
- 1.2 Letter from the Ancaster CanRC (188.8.131.52) requesting that GS 2022 mandate the CWeb to make available English translations of all Dutch materials in the Acts of General Synods 1954, 1958, 1962 and 1965.
- 2.1 The report was declared admissible.
- 2.2 The letter from Ancaster was declared admissible.
- 3.1 That the Committee for the Website (CWeb) has fulfilled its mandate;
- 3.2 To thank the members of the committee for their work, and in particular, sr. Christie Hoeksema, br. Jeremy Koopmans and Rev. Anthony Roukema, as they have completed their terms;
- 3.3 To appoint three new members to the committee;
- 3.4 To approve the budget of $7,050.00 for the period 2022-2025, for ongoing costs related to the website, email forwarding, and the minister email list;
- 3.5 To give the CWeb the following mandate:
- 3.5.1 To maintain the existing website and associated technical functions;
- 3.5.2 To revise the content of the website whenever necessary, including:
- 184.108.40.206 Posting news items and documents upon submission by ministers and clerks of church councils, and by officers of ecclesiastical assemblies who are authorized to post press releases or news items related to classes, regional or general synods;
- 220.127.116.11 Annually auditing the site’s information against the yearbook,;
- 18.104.22.168 Maintaining pages for synodical committees with their current mandates and contact information;
- 22.214.171.124 Making reports to general synods available on the web before the next general synod;
- 3.5.3 To make available English translations of all Dutch materials in the Acts of general synods of the Canadian Reformed Churches of 1954, 1958, 1962 and 1965, and submit expenses for this work to the General Fund;
- 3.5.4 To provide email forwarding from “@canrc.org” email addresses to personal email accounts for ministers, clerks, and others when requested by clerks of church councils;
- 3.5.5 To submit a report on its activities to the churches 6 months prior to the convening of the next general synod;
- 3.5.6 To function as the administrators of the minister email list;
- 3.5.7 To appoint one of its members to validate and submit to the treasurer of the General Fund all expenses being submitted for committee work.
- 4.1 CWeb fulfils a vital function in maintaining the presence of the Canadian Reformed Churches on the internet.
- 4.2 Re 3.5.3: It is important to preserve the Acts of the general synods of the Canadian Reformed Churches in their early years in English.