08 Jul GS 2022 art 19
GS 2022 Article 19 – CRTS – Appointment of Professor of Ministry and Mission
This matter was dealt with by Synod in closed-restricted session.
- 1.1 Letter, with appendices, from the CRTS Board of Governors with a proposal to fill a vacancy in the department of Ministry & Mission (22.214.171.124).
- 1.2 Report of the CRTS Board of Governors (126.96.36.199).
The submissions were declared admissible.
- 3.1 To approve the retirement of Dr. Arjan deVisser at the conclusion of the 2022/2023 academic year;
- 3.2 To express its deep gratitude for the many years of faithful service provided by Dr. Arjan deVisser to the seminary and to the churches;
- 3.3 To direct the Board of Governors (CRTS) to appoint Dr. Reuben Bredenhof, minister of the Mt. Nasura Free Reformed Church of Australia, as Professor of Ministry & Mission.
- 4.1 In light of the information provided by the Search Committee (as appointed by the Board of Governors), which clearly testifies to a record of pastoral and academic excellence, as well as the testimony of a godly character and life, GS 2022 is convinced that Dr. Bredenhof is eminently qualified for this position.
- 4.2 The positive assessment of Dr. Bredenhof’s character and ability was reflected in the recommendations which came from the churches.
Adopted by secret ballot with members of the Board of Governors abstaining.
Rev. Dick Wynia led in thanksgiving and prayer with respect to this decision.
The chairman indicated he would inform the chairman of the Board of Governors of Synod’s decision, who would in turn inform Dr. Bredenhof.