10 Sep GS 2022 art 174
GS 2022 Article 174 – Concluding Matters
Censure as per CO Art. 34
The chairman stated, with deep thankfulness to the Lord, that censure as per CO Art. 34 was not needed. He gave thanks for the fact that a good spirit of brotherly cooperation was evidenced throughout Synod, even when opinions differed.
- Adoption of the Final Articles of the Acts
- Members of Synod were requested to review the Acts received and to forward any further corrections to the first clerk. The executive members of Synod will review and adopt the final articles of the Acts.
- Publication of the Acts
- It was noted that the first and second clerks had been appointed to prepare the Acts of GS 2022 for publication. Synod allowed an official version of the Acts to be made available on the website as soon as available. Two hard copies of the confidential Acts will be sent to each church.
- Financial Matters
- Synod members were reminded to use the internal synod website to claim reimbursements.
- Preparation of next General Synod
- The Aldergrove CanRC had already been appointed as convening church for GS 2025 (GS 2022 Art. 170). GS 2025 will be convened in the month of May.
- Approval of Press Release
- The press release will be prepared by the vice-chairman and approved by the executive members of Synod for publication. (See Appendix 27).