30 Aug GS 2022 art 135
GS 2022 Article 135 – FCC (Free Church of Scotland (Continuing))
- 1.1 CRCA Report 8: Scotland (FCS, FCC) (220.127.116.11)
- 2.1 The report was declared admissible.
- 3.1 To continue Ecclesiastical Fellowship (EF) with the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing) (FCC) in accordance under the adopted rules;
- 3.2 To mandate the Committee on Ecumenical Relations (CER):
- 3.2.1 To continue personal contact with the FCC whenever that is feasible (e.g., at meetings of the International Conference of Reformed Churches (ICRC) and mutual presence at assemblies of sister-churches);
- 3.2.2 To send a delegation to their assemblies at least once every three years;
- 3.2.3 To submit its report to the churches six months prior to the convening of next general synod.
- 4.1 Although communication with the FCC has been minimal in the past three years, as far as can be determined from the Acts of GA-FCC 2019 and GA-FCC 2020, the FCC demonstrate that they remain faithful churches. They abide by the Word of God as the only rule for faith and life, and adhere to the adopted confessions and church order.
- 4.2 With increased globalization, it is good to have interactions with the FCC to learn from their struggles in a similar secularized context.