29 Aug GS 2022 art 124
GS 2022 Article 124 – IRB (Reformed Churches in Brazil)
- 1.1 CRCA Report 3: Brazil (IRB) (220.127.116.11).
- 2.1 The report was declared admissible.
- 3.1 To express gratitude for the continued desire of the IRB to grow in knowledge and faithfulness;
- 3.2 To continue Ecclesiastical Fellowship (EF) with the Reformed Churches of Brazil (IRB) under the adopted rules;
- 3.3 To mandate the Committee on Ecumenical Relations (CER):
- 3.3.1 To use every opportunity to have contact with the IRB and to provide encouragement to this federation of churches;
- 3.3.2 To visit the IRB at least twice prior to the next synod;
- 3.3.3 To work in consultation and cooperation with the Aldergrove CanRC and the Hamilton-Cornerstone CanRC given their mission work in Brazil;
- 3.3.4 To submit its report to the churches six months prior to the convening of the next general synod.
- 4.1 As far as can be determined, the IRB demonstrate that they remain faithful churches. They abide by the Word of God, as the only rule for faith and life, and adhere to the adopted confessions and church order.
- 4.2 In view of the needs in the IRB, it is important to make every effort to maintain direct contact with the IRB, and to encourage these churches and their leaders.
- 4.3 There is good communication between the IRB and the CanRC, and the CanRC are able to do much work in Brazil through the sending churches.
- 4.4 The sending churches of Aldergrove and Hamilton are to be encouraged in their support of the churches in Brazil, especially in the training of ministers of the Word.