06 Jul GS 2019 art 67
GS 2019 Article 67 – Days of Prayer
- 1.1 Report from the Burlington-Rehoboth CanRC and the Edmonton-Providence CanRC regarding days of prayer dated September 27, 2018 (126.96.36.199)
- 1.2 Supplemental report from these two churches regarding days of prayer dated November 17, 2018 (188.8.131.52)
- 2.1 GS 2016 appointed Edmonton-Providence and Burlington-Rehoboth as the churches to implement the provisions of CO Art. 54.
- 2.2 The main report indicates that no church requested the organization of a day of prayer. The supplemental report indicates that, after the main report had already been submitted to the churches ahead of Synod, Tintern Spring Creek requested the two churches to organize a day of prayer. The supplemental report states that, following separate discussion of the request by each church, “Both Councils interpreted the request as being of a serious nature but yet not an acute or urgent affliction threatening the life of the Church. Therefore the conclusion was that the request did not fit the criteria stated in Article 54 CO, namely, ‘In times of war, general calamities, and other great afflictions the presence of which is felt throughout the churches.’ Therefore the decision was not to proceed with the request.”
- 3.1 Both reports indicate that the churches appointed have been active and responsive in fulfilling their mandate given by GS 2016.
That Synod decide:
- 4.1 To express gratitude to the Burlington-Rehoboth CanRC and the Edmonton-Providence CanRC for their reporting.
- 4.2 To reappoint Burlington-Rehoboth and Edmonton-Providence to implement CO Art. 54 as needed.
- 4.3 To mandate Burlington-Rehoboth and Edmonton-Providence to submit a report to the churches on their activities 6 months prior to the next general synod.