08 Jul GS 2019 art 143
GS 2019 Article 143 – Appeals of churches re: RSE 2017 Art. 17 (Trinity Psalter-Hymnal)
- 1.1 Appeal to GS 2019 from the Burlington-Rehoboth CanRC (220.127.116.11)
- 1.2 Appeal to GS 2019 from the Flamborough-Redemption CanRC (18.104.22.168)
- 1.3 Appeal to GS 2019 from the Burlington-Ebenezer CanRC (22.214.171.124)
- 2.1 The churches of Burlington-Rehoboth, Flamborough-Redemption and Burlington-Ebenezer request GS 2019 to judge that ‘Regional Synod East Nov 2017 erred in its decision to deny the overture and these churches request GS 2019 to allow the churches the freedom to immediately use the TPH in the worship services. Burlington-Ebenezer believes it was wronged by the decision of RSE 2017.
- 3.1 The request of the churches of Burlington-Rehoboth, Flamborough-Redemption and Burlington-Ebenezer to allow the churches the freedom to immediately use the TPH in the worship services is answered in Article 142 where GS 2019 dealt with an overture from RSW 2018 to approve, in addition to the adopted Book of Praise, the Psalms and Hymns of the Trinity Psalter-Hymnal for use in public worship as per CO Article 55.
That the consideration above serves as an answer to the appeal/request of the Burlington-Rehoboth CanRC, the Flamborough-Redemption CanRC, and the Burlington-Ebenezer CanRC.