08 Jul GS 2019 art 136
GS 2019 Article 136 – RCNZ (Reformed Churches in New Zealand)
- 1.1 Report of the Committee on Relations with Churches Abroad (CRCA) regarding the Reformed Churches in New Zealand (RCNZ) (220.127.116.11)
- 2.1 GS 2016 (Art. 17) decided:
- [4.1] To continue the relationship of Ecclesiastical Fellowship (EF) with the Reformed Churches of New Zealand (RCNZ) under the adopted rules;
- [4.2] To express appreciation for ongoing cooperation with the RCNZ in the mission in Papua New Guinea (PNG);
- [4.3] To mandate the Committee on Relations with Churches Abroad (CRCA) to send a delegation to the next RCNZ Synod in 2017.
- 2.2 Rev. J. de Gelder attended the RCNZ Synod in 2017. He was able to lead three church polity conferences in the RCNZ.
- 2.3 The RCNZ has downgraded their relationship with the Christian Reformed Church of Australia from sister church to ‘ecumenical fellowship’.
- 2.4 The RCNZ do not have a federation seminary. Students of the RCNZ attend the Reformed Theological Seminary in Geelong, Australia, or Mid-America Reformed Seminary.
- 2.5 The RCNZ have been diligent and consistent in their ecclesiastical relations, both in maintaining and promoting unity with true and faithful churches and in raising concerns with sister churches. Unless there is repentance, RCNZ intends to terminate their sister church relationship with the GKv at their next synod.
- 2.6 The fraternal delegate, br. Leo DeVos, expressed deep gratitude on behalf of the RCNZ for the good cooperation with the Toronto-Bethel CanRC and the Armadale FRCA in mission work in PNG.
- 3. 1 The relationship between the RCNZ and CanRC has been of mutual benefit in the area of missions, inter-church relations, and support of vacant churches.
That Synod decide:
- 4.1 To continue the relationship of ecclesiastical fellowship (EF) with the Reformed Churches of New Zealand (RCNZ) under the adopted rules;
- 4.2 To mandate the Committee on Relations with Churches Abroad (CRCA):
- 4.2.1 To express appreciation for the ongoing cooperation with the RCNZ in the mission in Papua New Guinea;
- 4.2.2 To send a delegation to the RCNZ Synod at least once every three years;
- 4.2.3 To submit its report to the churches 6 months prior to the convening of the next general synod.