10 Jul GS 2016 art 8
GS 2016 Article 8 – Housekeeping Matters
After receiving a proposal from the officers of synod the following was decided:
1. Presence on the Internet: Synod will publish the Acts of Synod on the church website as they become available. However, as the Acts are adopted, Synod will decide whether there are any decisions which should not be immediately posted on the Internet.
2. Privileges of the floor: Synod will give the floor to all official representatives of the churches in ecclesiastical fellowship.
3. Time Schedule: Monday to Friday
- morning session – 9:00 – 12:00
- afternoon session – 2:00 – 5:00
- evening session – 7:00 – 9:00
4. Devotions: Synod shall begin and close each day in plenary session with Scripture reading, prayer and singing. A schedule will be handed out.
5. Press Release: A press release shall be published after synod has been closed.
6. Committees: Advisory committees shall provide each delegate with a copy of their reports before they are dealt with in plenary sessions.
7. Synod Documents: Copies of synod documents are available only to members of synod and fraternal delegates and observers.
8. Guidelines: For all procedures the Guidelines for Synod shall apply.
9. Travel expenses: Expenses are to be submitted, with receipts, to br. J. Homan. Delegates are to be reimbursed for travel costs at 48 cents/km. This amount is not to exceed the cost of flying.
10. Roll call: Roll call shall take place each plenary session by means of a visual check by the executive.
11. Advisory Committee Reports: Advisory Committee reports shall be submitted using the template provided.
12. Clerical services: The Rev. R.J. Kampen will assist the clerks of Synod in their work.
13. CRTS Senate: The executive shall make the necessary arrangements for inviting the Senate of the Canadian Reformed Theological Seminary for dinner and a plenary session.