10 Jul GS 2016 art 31
GS 2016 Article 31 – General Fund
- 1.1 Financial Report for General Fund from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2015 (8.2.17)
- 1.2 Letter from the Orangeville CanRC regarding GS 2013 Art. 30 (188.8.131.52)
- 2.1 The Carman-East CanRC was appointed by GS 2013 to administer the General Fund, and to collect funds as required from the churches.
- 2.2 Carman-East appointed two office bearers to audit the books. They found the books to be in good order.
- 2.3 To administer this fund the churches were assessed $4 per communicant member for 2013; $4 for 2014; $3 for 2015.
- 2.4 The balance of the Fund as of January 1, 2013 was $22095.92; total disbursements amounted to $96548.66; balance as of January 1, 2016 was $41614.59.
- 2.5 Orangeville expressed appreciation for the work of Carman-East in administering the General Fund. At the same time it expressed concern that two of Carman-East’s own office bearers audited the books. Orangeville proposed, “That the Church of Carman East ask the Church of Carman West do (sic) such audit of the record keeping of the books of the General Fund as administered by Carman East.” Orangeville expressed the sentiment that it would be good practice that audits of “financial aspects concerning Synod or the Churches as a whole, be done by Churches in close proximity to the administering Church of such funds, and not the same Church auditing its own records.”
- 3.1 Carman-East has fulfilled its mandate regarding the General Fund.
- 3.2 While in no way questioning the integrity of the audit completed by the brothers of Carman-East, Orangeville makes a valid point that it would be practical and proper to ask the neighbouring congregation of Carman-West to audit the books of the General Fund.
That Synod decide:
- 4.1 To receive with thankfulness the report from the Carman-East CanRC;
- 4.2 To express gratitude to the office-bearers who audited the books and to Br. G. Vandersluis for functioning as treasurer;
- 4.3 To authorize Carman-East to collect funds from the churches as required until the time of the next synod;
- 4.4 To discharge Carman-East for the duties completed during the period of January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2015;
- 4.5 To reappoint Carman-East to administer the General Fund;
- 4.6 To appoint Carman-West to audit the books of the General Fund.