10 Jul GS 2016 art 17
GS 2016 Article 17 – RCNZ (Reformed Churches of New Zealand)
- 1.1 Report of the Committee for Relations with Churches Abroad (CRCA) – section Reformed Churches in New Zealand (8.2.1)
- 2.1 GS 2013 (Art. 192) decided to mandate the CRCA:
- [4.2.1] To continue the relationship of EF with the RCNZ under the adopted rules;
- [4.2.2] To try to get a better understanding of the practical changes entailed by the relationship of EF that was begun in 2007 and to encourage the RCNZ to be consequent in their relationship with the CRCAustralia as they develop and finalize the rules for EF;
- [4.2.3] To encourage the RCNZ to keep seeking ways to grow closer towards the FRCA;
- [4.2.4] To invite the RCNZ to become better acquainted with CRTS in Hamilton;
- [4.2.5] To send a delegation to the next RCNZ synod in 2014, if feasible.
- 2.2 From the CRCA report, the following:
- 2.2.1 The Rev. Arend Witten attended Synod Bishopdale in 2014 as delegate;
- 2.2.2 The RCNZ changed their relationship with the Christian Reformed Churches of Australia (CRCAus) from sister church relationship to the more restricted ecumenical fellowship, a new relationship for which new rules have been established;
- 2.2.3 The relationship between the RCNZ and the FRCA has become a sister church relationship;
- 2.2.4 The RCNZ deputies for the training of the ministry endeavour to supervise the training for the ministry by visiting the seminaries where their students are studying. Current commitments with other seminaries limits their ability to add another seminary at this time;
- 2.2.5 The RCNZ and Christian Reformed Churches in The Netherlands (CGKN) mutually decided to discontinue their sister church relationship due to limited contact;
- 2.2.6 The RCNZ continues to appreciate the cooperation with the CanRC with the work of mission in Papua and New Guinea (PNG).
- 2.3 The CRCA recommends:
- 2.3.1 To continue the relationship of ecclesiastical fellowship with the RCNZ under the adopted rules;
- 2.3.2 To express appreciation for ongoing cooperation with the RCNZ in the mission in PNG;
- 2.3.3 To send a delegation to the next RCNZ Synod in 2017.
- 3.1 From the CRCA report it is evident that the RCNZ remain true and faithful churches of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 3.2 The CanRC also value the bond with the RCNZ.
That Synod decide:
- 4.1 To continue the relationship of Ecclesiastical Fellowship (EF) with the Reformed Churches of New Zealand (RCNZ) under the adopted rules;
- 4.2 To express appreciation for ongoing cooperation with the RCNZ in the mission in Papua and New Guinea (PNG);
- 4.3 To mandate the Committee for Relations with Churches Abroad (CRCA) to send a delegation to the next RCNZ Synod in 2017.