16 Jul GS 2016 art 120
GS 2016 Article 120 – (FERC) First Evangelical Reformed Church of Singapore
- 1.1 Letter from the Hamilton-Providence CanRC including 4 appendices (22.214.171.124)
- 2.1 Hamilton-Providence requests Synod to mandate the Committee for Relations with Churches Abroad (CRCA) to take up contact with the First Evangelical Reformed Church of Singapore (FERC).
- 2.2 Hamilton-Providence has documented its contact with the FERC.
- 2.3 The Free Reformed Churches of Australia (FRCA) and the FERC are sister-churches since GS-FRCA 2015.
- 3.1 The FRCA are better situated to have a sister church relationship with the FERC due to geographic proximity. The CanRC can be kept informed about the FERC through the FRCA.
- 3.2 Synod rejoices that the FRCA could recognize the FERC as a faithful church. Synod is not convinced that it would be beneficial for the CanRC to have Ecclesiastical Fellowship with the FERC because it is only one church.
- 3.3 Hamilton-Providence is free to continue its relationship with the FERC.
That Synod decide:
- 4.1 To deny the request of the Hamilton-Providence CanRC.