16 Jul GS 2016 art 118
GS 2016 Article 118 – GKNvv (Reformed Churches in The Netherlands (temporary federation))
- 1.1 Report from the Subcommittee Reformed churches in The Netherlands of the Committee for Relations with Churches Abroad (CRCA-SRN) section The Reformed Churches Netherlands (GKNvv) (8.2.1)
- 1.2 Letter from the Reformed Churches in The Netherlands (temporary federation) (GKNvv) including two appendices (184.108.40.206.20-22; see Appendix 15)
- 2.1 GS 2013 (Art. 190) mandated the committee:
- [5.5.1] To monitor developments in the GKNvv [Reformed Churches in The Netherlands (temporary federation)] and RCR [the Reformed Churches Restored];
- [5.5.2] To exhort all those who have left the RCN to reach out to others who love the Word and the Reformed faith;
- [5.5.4] To work in consultation with the FRCA [Free Reformed Churches of Australia];
- [5.5.5] To submit a comprehensive report of its activities to the churches six months prior to the next general synod.
- 2.2 From the report of the CRCA, we observe:
- 2.2.1 The GKNvv is a small federation of churches that have left the GKv.
- 2.2.2 The CRCA-SRN had opportunity to meet with deputies of the GKNvv.
- 2.2.3 The subcommittee recommends further encouragement to seek unity with The Reformed Churches (DGK) and with concerned GKv members.
- 2.3 The letter of the GKNvv expresses sincere brotherly greetings to this synod. The GKNvv will keep the CanRC informed of the developments in their churches. The letter also indicates that first steps to a dialogue with the DGK have been taken.
- 3.1 Synod appreciates the contact which the CRCA-SRN had with the GKNvv.
- 3.2 Synod agrees with the recommendation to monitor the dialogue between the DGK and the GKNvv.
That Synod decide:
- 4.1 To maintain contact with the Reformed Churches The Netherlands (GKNvv) and continue to monitor developments within this federation.