03 Aug GS 2010 art 42
GS 2010 Article 42 – Orthodox Christian Reformed Church (OCRC)
Report from the CCCNA re: the Orthodox Christian Reformed Church (OCRC) (8.2.f).
- 2.1 Synod Smithers gave the CCCNA the following mandate in regard to the OCRC (Acts 2007, Article 106, Recommendation 4.1): “to send a letter to the OCRC asking if there is interest in further discussions.”
- 2.2 The CCCNA reports that:
- 2.2.1 The mandated letter was sent.
- 2.2.2 The OCRC accepted an invitation to join the URCNA.
- 2.3 The CCCNA recommends that Synod Burlington-Ebenezer 2010 decide:
- [4.1] The CCCNA has fulfilled the mandate regarding the OCRC.
- [4.2] No further efforts need to be undertaken as many churches of the OCRC are now part of the URCNA.
- 3.1 The CCCNA has indeed fulfilled its mandate regarding the OCRC.
- 3.2 Since the OCRC as a federation has dissolved, and since most churches have joined the URCNA, no further efforts need to be undertaken on a federative level.
That Synod decide the CCCNA has fulfilled the mandate regarding the OCRC.