03 Aug GS 2010 art 32
GS 2010 Article 32 – Letter from Attercliffe re: SCBP change to the Acts of Synod 2007
Letter from Attercliffe dated Dec. 23, 2008 re: change made to the Acts of Synod Smithers 2007 ( 8.1.g).
- 2.1 The SCBP observed an obvious error in the published Acts of Synod Smithers 2007, Article 111, 2.6.2, regarding the Form of Subscription for use by consistories.
- 2.2 The SCBP verified the correct wording and used this correct information to fulfil their mandate to revise the Form in the Book of Praise.
- 2.3 Attercliffe believes that it is improper for standing committees to take it upon themselves to change the Acts of a previous synod.
- 3.1 A standing committee cannot and may not make changes to the Acts of a previous synod.
- 3.2 The SCPBP did not make an actual change in the Acts of Synod Smithers 2007, but corrected an obvious clerical error in a Form that it was mandated to revise and distribute to the churches.
That Synod decide that the SCBP did not make an actual change in the Acts of Synod Smithers 2007.