26 Aug GS 2007 art 77
GS 2007 Article 77 – Archives of General Synod
The advisory committee reported:
- 1.1-2 Letters from Burlington-Waterdown and Burlington Ebenezer
- 2.1 Burlington-Waterdown reports that it has inspected the archives of Synod Chatham 2004 and found them in good order.
- 2.2 Burlington-Waterdown recommends the purchase of fire-proof cabinets for storing the archives.
- 2.3 Burlington Ebenezer (the church for the Archives), states that from a storage, shelving and space perspective the benefits of a building a fire-proof room is greater than acquiring fire-proof cabinets. The cost of a fire-proof room would be approximately $4500 to $5000.00.
- 3.1 It is important to ensure the safety of the archives by following the advice of the Ebenezer church.
- 4.1 To thank Burlington Waterdown for examining the archives and reporting to synod.
- 4.2 To thank Burlington Ebenezer for its work as the archive-retention church.
- 4.3 To thank br. G. Denbok for his work as archivist.
- 4.4 To accede to the request for building a fire-proof room for the archives at a cost of up to $5,000.00.
Rev. Nederveen and br. Nordeman abstained according to Art. 32 CO.