19 Aug GS 2007 art 5
GS 2007 Article 5 – Housekeeping Matters
After receiving a proposal from the officers of synod the following was decided:
- 1. Presence on the Internet: Synod decided to publish the Acts of Synod on the church website as they become available. However, as the Acts are adopted, synod will decide whether there are any decisions which should not be immediately posted on the Internet.
- 2. Privileges of the floor: Synod appointed Rev. J. VanSpronsen as advisor to synod. Synod will give the floor to all representative of the churches in ecclesiastical fellowship.
- 3. Time Schedule: Monday to Friday morning session 9:00 – 12:00 afternoon session 2:00 – 5:00 evening session 7:00 – 9:00
- Exceptions: There will be no evening session on Ascension Day, May 17th
- 4. Devotions: Synod shall begin and close each day in plenary session with Scripture reading, a short meditation, prayer and singing. A schedule will be handed out.
- 5. Press Release: The press release will not be published until after synod has been closed.
- 6. Committees: Advisory committees shall provide each delegate with a copy of their reports before they are dealt with in plenary sessions.
- 7. Synod Documents: Copies of synod documents are available only to members of synod and fraternal delegates.
- 8. Guidelines: For all procedures the Guidelines for Synod will apply. See Appendix #2, Acts of Synod Abbotsford 1995.
- 9. Travel expenses: Expenses are to be submitted, with receipts, to br. Ralph Paize. Delegates are to be reimbursed for travel costs at 40 cents per km. This amount is not to exceed the cost of flying.