27 Oct GS 2007 art 174
GS 2007 Article 174 – Committee Changes
The advisory committee presented its proposal:
- 1. In connections with decisions made, it should be noted that the name of the Committee for Contact with Churches in the Americas (CCCA) has been changed to Committee for Contact with Churches in North America (CCCNA).
The CCCNA will be responsible for:
- 1.1 Maintaining Ecclesiastical Fellowship with:
- 1.1.1 The Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC)
- 1.1.2 The Reformed Church in the United States (RCUS)
- 1.1.3 The Reformed Churches in Quebec (ERQ)
- 1.2 Applying for membership in the North American Presbyterian and Reformed Council (NAPARC).
- 1.3 Investigating the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America (RPCNA).
- 1.4 Communicating with:
- 1.4.1 The Free Reformed Churches in North America (FRCNA)
- 1.4.2 The Orthodox Christian Reformed Churches (OCRC)
- 2. It should also be noted that the Committee for the Promotion of Ecclesiastical Unity (CPEU) has been re-named The Committee for Church Unity (CCU).
The CCU will be responsible for:
- 2.1 Promoting unity with the United Reformed Churches in North America (URCNA)
- 3. There is no name change for the Committee on Relations with Churches Abroad (CRCA).
The CRCA will be responsible for:
- 3.1 Maintaining Ecclesiastical Fellowship with:
- 3.1.1 The Free Church of Scotland
- 3.1.2 The Reformed Churches in The Netherlands
- 3.1.3 The Free Reformed Churches in South Africa
- 3.1.4 The Free Reformed Churches in Australia
- 3.1.5 The Reformed Churches in New Zealand
- 3.1.6 The Presbyterian Church in Korea
- 3.1.7 The Reformed Churches in Brazil
- 3.2 Maintaining membership in the International Conference of Reformed Churches (ICRC).
- 3.3 Gathering additional information on
- 3.3.1 The Gereja-Gereja Reformasi Calvinis in Nusa Tengarra Timur (GGRC-NTT)
- 3.3.2 The Gereja-Gereja Reformasi de Indonesia Propinsi Nusa Tengurra Timur (GGRI-NTT)
- 3.4 Communicating with:
- 3.4.1 The Free Church of Scotland – Continuing (FCC)
- 3.4.2 The Reformed Churches in the Netherlands – Restored (GKH)
- 3.4.3 The Independent Reformed Church in Korea (IRCK)
- 3.4.4 The Presbyterian Church in Eastern Australia (PCEA)
- 3.4.5 The United Reformed Churches in Myanmar (URCM)