27 Oct GS 2007 art 164
GS 2007 Article 164 – SCBP – Overleaf Notation and Other Matters
The advisory committee presented its proposal:
- 1.1 SCBP Report 12
- 2.1 Regarding the overleaf notation:
- 2.1.1 Synod Chatham mandated the committee to recommend that the SCBP proceed with the Overleaf Musical Notation Edition (re 7.3.1 of Art. 115).
- 2.1.2 The committee proposes to keep the overleaf notation on hold until the progress of developing the common songbook becomes clearer. The committee remarks that there is a growing sense that the URCNA committee will much prefer the music in the common book to be four-part harmony. Moreover, many changes to the prose section are pending. With this in mind it is economically responsible to implement all the changes at once, be it a reworked Book of Praise or the common songbook.
- 3.1 The committee’s recommendation is prudent.
- 4.1 To instruct the committee to keep the overleaf notation on hold until the progress of developing the common songbook becomes more clear.