27 Oct GS 2007 art 160
GS 2007 Article 160 – The Free Reformed Churches of Australia (FRCA)
The advisory committee presented its second proposal:
- 1.1 CRCA Report 2
- 1.2-7 Letter from Burlington Ebenezer
- 2.1 The report of the CRCA re the FRCA, which is included in the appendix to the Acts, serves as Observations.
- 2.2 The CRCA recommends that Synod Smithers decide:
- 2.2.1 To maintain the existing Relationship of Ecclesiastical Fellowship under the adopted rules.
- 2.2.2 To thank the FRCA for their continued support for the Theological College in Hamilton and recommend the Board of Governors investigate the possibility of including the Australian churches in the Pastoral Training Program.
- 2.2.3 To suggest that the deputies for the Book of Praise maintain regular contact with the Australian committee in order to advise them of our direction.
- 2.2.4 To direct the CRCA to send a member to attend Synod Legana 2009 to foster mutual support and understanding of the issues faced by both federations.
- 2.2.5 To encourage the CanRC operating mission work in the region of Australia to contact the deputies of the Free Reformed Churches of Australia in order to increase the working relationship between our churches with regard to mission and leadership training.
- 2.3 Burlington Ebenezer questions on what basis the CRCA comes to the recommendation that those churches doing mission work in the region of Australia need to contact the deputies. The church at Burlington Ebenezer argues that mission activities is the responsibility of, and are organized by a local church or neighbouring churches. They request that synod does not take over this recommendation of the CRCA.
- 3.1 From the report of the CRCA it is evident that the FRCA remain true and faithful churches.
- 3.2 From the report it is evident that the CRCA fulfilled its mandate with regard to the FRCA.
- 3.3 Burlington Ebenezer makes a valid point. Mission work is a local matter, organized with the support of neighbouring churches. The CRCA does not provide any support for their recommendation that those churches doing mission work in the region of Australia should contact the deputies.
- 3.4 Synod endorses the remaining recommendations of the committee.
- 3.5 The FRCA can interact directly with the committee for the Pastoral Training Program regarding their participation in this program.
- 4.1 To maintain the existing Relationship of Ecclesiastical Fellowship with the FRCA under the adopted rules.
- 4.2 To thank the FRCA for their continued support for the Theological College in Hamilton.
- 4.3 To suggest that the Standing Committee for the Book of Praise maintain regular contact with the Australian committee in order to advise them of our direction.