24 May GS 1998 art 8
GS 1998 Article 8 – Time Schedule and Procedures
The Executive made the following recommendations:
- 1. The time schedule will be: Monday* to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Monday sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- 2. Saturdays will be optional.
- 3. Synod plans to meet on the holiday, May 18.
- 4. Upon request of the Foundation for Superannuation, Synod will not convene on Saturday, May 9, 1998.
- 5. Synod shall begin and close each day with prayer and thanksgiving in plenary sessions.
- 6. Press Release will not be published until after Synod has been closed.
- 7. Advisory committees shall provide each delegate with a copy of their report, plus three copies for the first clerk, before it is dealt with in plenary sessions.
- 8. Copies of documents are available only to members of Synod, and fraternal delegates.
- 9. For all procedures the Guidelines as adopted by the General Synod of Cloverdale 1983, Acts, Article 45 (and as amended by following synods) will apply.
- 10. The chairman confirms that those who have expenses related to travelling to Synod may submit them at any time to sr. T. Swaving. Mileage is set at twenty-five cents per kilometre.