10 Aug GS 1992 art 124
GS 1992 ARTICLE 124 – Appointments
The appointments are dealt with in closed session. The following appointments are made:
- I. Board of Governors Ministers
- Eastern Canada: Revs. D.G.J. Agema, W. den Hollander, P.G. Feenstra. (Substitutes: Revs. G. Nederveen, P. Aasman, D. Moes (in that order).
- Western Canada: Revs. B.J. Berends, C. VanSpronsen, J. Visscher. (Substitutes: Revs. R. Aasman, J. Moesker, P.K.A. DeBoer (in that order).
- Non-ministers: Brs. H. Buist [Burlington], C.G. Heeringa [Ancaster], H.J Sloots [Burlington] K.J. Veldkamp [Toronto], A. VanEgmond [Smithville].
- II. Committee on Relations with Churches Abroad
- Revs. Cl. Stam, J. Visscher(convener), C. VanSpronsen, E. Kampen, brs. H.A. Berends, A. Nap, J. VanderStoep, S.H. de Boer.
- III. Committee on Deputies for the Promotion of Ecclesiastical Unity
- Eastern Canada: Rev. W. den Hollander, Dr. C. VanDam(convener), br. H.T. VanderVelde.
- Western Canada: Revs. J.D. Wielenga, R. Aasman, br. P. VanWoudenberg.
- IV. Standing Committee for the Book of Praise
- Dr. J. deJong, Rev. G. Nederveen, brs. W. Helder(convener), M. Kampen.
- V. Committee on Contact with the Orthodox Presbyterian Church
- Revs. D.G.J. Agema(convener), P.G. Feenstra, Prof. Dr. N.H. Gootjes, brs. T.M.P. VanderVen, G.J. Nordeman.
- VI. Committee on Bible Translations
- Prof. J. Geertsema(convener), Dr. C. VanDam, Revs. P. Aasman, G.H. Visscher, br. W. Smouter.
- VII. Churches for Days of Fasting and Prayer
- The churches at Burlington West, ON and Edmonton(Providence), AB.
- VIII. Church for the Administration of the General Fund
- The church at Carman, MB.
- IX. Church for the Archives of General Synod
- The church at Burlington East(Ebenezer), ON.
- X. Church for the Inspection of the General Archives
- The church at Burlington West(Rehoboth), ON.
- XI. Church to Audit the Finances of General Synod 1992
- The church at Rockway, ON.
- XII. The Address Church
- Canada: The church at Burlington East(Ebenezer), ON. USA: The church at Grand Rapids, USA.
- XIII. The Committee for the Printing of the Acts
- The first and second clerks of General Synod 1992.
- XIV. The Convening Church for the next General Synod 1995
- The church at Abbotsford, BC. (May 1995)
Synod decide that the Committees shall have the right, in case a vacancy occurs, to bring the membership up to original strength in order to fulfill their mandate.