26 Nov GS 1986 art 76
GS 1986 ARTICLE 76
Guidelines for Synod (See Art. 162)
Committee 1 presents:
– Agenda VIII, I, 2: Overture concerning Acts , Art. 45, General Synod of 1983 re Guidelines for Synod.
- 1. Guideline I, C, presently reads, “All material submitted to the convening church shall be sent to all delegates as well as to the alternate delegates.”
- 2. The convening church proposes that all material should be sent to all delegates and the first alternates.
- 1. Guideline I, D, rules that all appeals should be at the convening church at least one month before Synod, in thirty copies, which is two copies short, because 16 delegates and 16 alternates makes 32.
- 2. The present rule is expensive and unnecessary. The delegates and first alter nates should hand over the material to their alternates when necessary.
- To accede to the overture of the Church at Burlington-West, and to amend Guideline I, C, as follows:
- “All material submitted to the convening church shall be sent to all delegates and the first alternates.”
The recommendation is ADOPTED.