02 Jun GS 1983 art 132
GS 1983 ARTICLE 132 – Book of Praise (Prayer Section)
The report of Committee I re the revision of the Prayers is further discussed. The proposed Prayers are provisionally adopted as amended (see Appendix).
- A. Report of Committee on Translation and Revision of the Prayers and Forms
- B. Letter from the Church at Abbotsford
- C. Letter from the Church at Brampton
- D. Letter from the Church at Burlington South
- E. Letter from the Church at Chatham
- F. Letter from the Church at Chilliwack
- G. Letter from the Church at Cloverdale
- H. Letter from the Church at Coaldale
- I. Letter from the Church at Langley
- J. Letter from the Church at Surrey (Maranatha)
- 1. The draft presented in the Report of the Committee on Translation and Revision of Forms and Prayers differs considerably from the one presented to Synod Smithville 1980. as we could establish when comparing the two.
- 2. The Synod Smithville 1980 requested the Committee to “present the next Synod with a completed. linguistically corrected. final draft of the prayers,” and added the obligation to update language and contents “taking into account also the new Dutch version of the prayers.”
- 3. The comments received from the Churches are for the larger part general and express dissatisfaction with the now presented draft. Only a few concrete remarks were made. containing specific criticisms and recommendations.
- 1. The Committee on Translation and Revision of Forms and Prayers fulfilled the mandate received from Synod Smithville 1980.
- 2. It appears from the communications received that the Churches are not happy with the now presented draft.
- 3. This makes it advisable to retain the old prayers as much as possible.
- 1. To express its appreciation to the Committee which prepared the draft now presented to Synod.
- 2. Provisionally to adopt the Prayers as amended by Synod (see Appendix).